Some of the following links open to our sister website, Islets of Hope, a comprehensive medical website for metabolic disorders.
- Tips on Chosing a Weight Loss Center
- Tips on How to Measure Food Portions
- Diet and Healthy Eating
- Benefits of Aerobic Exercise
Where to Find More Help For Pre-Diabetes
Diabetes Teachers (nurses, dietitians, pharmacists, and other health professionals)
- To find a diabetes teacher near you, call the American Association of Diabetes Educators toll-free at 1â€“800â€“TEAMUP4 (1â€“800â€“832â€“6874) or see www.diabeteseducator.org and click on “Find a Diabetes Educator.”
Recognized Diabetes Education Programs (teaching programs approved by the American Diabetes Association)
- To find a program near you, call toll-free 1â€“800â€“DIABETES (1â€“800â€“342â€“2383) or see www.diabetes.org/education/edustate2.asp?loc=x.
- To find a dietitian near you, call the American Dietetic Association’s National Center for Nutrition and Dietetics toll-free at 1â€“800â€“366â€“1655 or see www.eatright.org and click on “Find a Nutrition Professional.”