California (CA) diabetes statistics and diabetes death rates:
- 7.3 out of every 100 adults (age 18 and older) in California has been diagnosed with diabetes; ranking CA the #11 worst state in the nation for its high ratio of people with diabetes to the general population.
- Additionally, 1 in 5 adults in California has pre-diabetes and are at high risk for type 2 diabetes.
- Diabetes rates in California have doubled in the last decade.
- In 2005 there were 1,868,000 adults diagnosed with diabetes in California; and by 2007, 8% of all children and adults in California had been diagnosed with diabetes.
- 22.2 out of every 100,000 in California are due to diabetes, ranking California 39th in the nation for diabetes-related deaths in adults.
Need more information about metabolic disorders and pre-diabetes?